What Is The Wall Station?
The Wall Station is a DMX Controller that operates like a light switch. Instead of having to use a lighting console every time you want to use your lighting fixtures, simply push a button. Easy to program, easy to install, it allows for 8 scenes to be preset. The SM-8 and SS-0s are wall mountable using a standard single gang box, while the SM-8 Solo is a free standing controller that can be used on any flat surface.
How it Helps!
Because it is simple to use, and half the price of any other architectural wall controller. Nor, has any of our customers had trouble installing it.
How It Works!
It connects to DMX via a built-in phoenix connector.
The SM-8 master unit can connect to the SS-8 slave unit via Cat-5, which then can be connected to another SS-8 unit via Cat5 for a total of three units in a system.
When it senses DMX, the unit becomes inoperable so you have uninterrupted control when using a console.
A lighting console is required for programming. Once programmed, the SM-8 can run in dependently as a standalone DMX controller.
How to Program
- Hold down buttons 1 and 8 to enter programming mode (light will turn red).
- Set desired look on lighting console.
- Press desired preset button 1-8. Light will flash. Scene is stored.
- Set new look on lighting console.
- Press another unused button or record over existing scene by selecting button. Up to 8 scenes can be recorded.
- Hold down buttons 1 and 8 to exit programming mode.
*seems complicated? Don't fret, we have not had a single customer who could not install it. Give us a call, an we will help walk you through the install.
See It In Action!